It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: C# App for Windows
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:07 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
Hi,

I've had hive installed for about a month now and been dying to see if I can get more control over it. Been following the JSON threads and decided to write a small C# console app to connect to the JSON feeds with the primary purpose of grabbing the temperature data and storing it in a spreadsheet. I want to get a better understanding of how long it takes my house to warm up/cool down so I can optimise the heating schedule. I figure if I capture the inside and outside temperatures from the JSON feed I can look work out how much of an effect the weather has on this aswell.

I've just started with the app and have got it connecting and downloading the data, just not doing much with it at the moment. A grand vision (which is probably a bit of a pipe dream) would be to have the app learn from the data, coming up with an algorithm for how long the house takes to heat up relative to the outside temperature and then adjust or take control of the heating schedules by uploading the json data.

I'm going to be running this app on a windows server I have at home and get it to connect periodically, maybe every 30 mins or so.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you guys know what I'm working on.

Post subject: Re: C# App for Windows
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 7 time
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I think a number of us have the same idea about intelligent heating utilizing the outside temperature as a marker against inside temperature deltas over time. I've gathering stats at the moment on a 30 minutes basis but will have to wait a few weeks to get a good range of external temperatures before I start working out an algorithm.

Let me know if you have any queries about the way I've coded the Android widget.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]