It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 5:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Heating Boost is on? (Api) new app hive2mqtt.py
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:34 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi

I have almost finished my hive2mqtt python app which will publish the following info to mqtt:

Devices
- device type eg HAHVACTemperatureSensorSLT3, HAHVACThermostatSLR2
-- device id
-- battery level
-- temperature
-- signal

Heating (may add into topics above)
- control eg schedule
- mode eg heat
- temperature
- target temperature

HotWater (may add into topics above)
- control
- mode

Weather
- Description eg Partly Cloudy
- temperature eg outside temp

I can see when Hotwater boost is selected in the API but not when Heating boost is selected.... Has anyone found it?
This will link into my Home Automation system based on NodeRed.
The aim is to use Owntracks to give me the bit I'm missing from my old Tado system - switching off things when I am away - as well as historical use in a database.

Tony

Edit: Link here http://blog.spants.com/category/hive/

Last edited by spants on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Heating Boost is on? (Api) new app hive2mqtt.py
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:30 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
Very much looking forward to seeing your app. I've successfully reverse-engineered some of the APIs (prior to the release of Hive 2), and currently send Hive data to Domoticz via Python.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 pm 

Sure - I have it running now publishing to my server.
I'm using Emoncms and Domoticz and the data is coming through. It's currently only reading the values but I will add setting temperatures etc soon!.

I use NodeRed to send data to this apps from mqtt as it makes integration easier!

Hopefully I will post the code on Friday

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:34 pm 

I have published the Python code for reading Hive and publishing the values to MQTT.

Details here: http://blog.spants.com/category/hive/

Let me know if you are using it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:07 am 

Hello Tony,

I was very interested to see this, as I developed the hive2emoncms (hive2oem) app you refer to in your code. You've done a great job coding the additional APIs.

I subsequently modified this app, and created a version hive2domo, which I use to send the Hive current and target heating temperatures to Domoticz. I've also created a couple of Domoticz lua scripts, which I use to set the Hive target heating temperature - one which uses a virtual thermostat (setpoint), and one which uses a Home Easy fob (on / off switch) to set high and low target temperatures - simulating a heating boost.

The above use JSON calls - I have no knowledge or experience of MQTT.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:38 am 

Hi Mike

Yes, thank you for your original application!.
For Home Automation, think of MQTT as a pipe that I can send (publish) data down and various applications can subscribe to the topics.
You can put 100,000's of information in per second!. Because you are publishing to a bus and subscribing to a bus it means that you can swap front ends and back ends out easily - or have multiples.

I use Mosquitto mqtt, Node Red (again- fabulous for this sort of thing - nodered.org and see Pete's blog http://tech.scargill.net/), Owntracks for location aware clients, Emoncms, Domoticz (new), Dashing (new) and Pushbullet for alerts.

I have a mixture of sensor types and makes. With MQTT and Node Red it doesnt matter as I can modify their output to a "standard" and republish to a new Topic.

Once I had done this, it was easy to replace the Tado system as I just republished into the old Tado topics and everything just worked.

Where are your scripts ? I couldn't find them again to reference them :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:38 pm 

I need to investigate MQTT - I can see the advantage of publishing and subscribing to a bus, and being able to swap front- and back-ends out easily. My scripts are formatted explicitly for Domoticz.

I previously published the hive2emoncms app (*) in this thread: http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/node/10162, and the hive2domo and thermostat scripts here: http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6837.

(* This was not the 'original' app, as it was based on an app by David Tarrant, which had been published earlier in this forum.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 am 

Just pushed v1.2 which supports Hive 1, Hive Active 2, Single Channel & Dual Channel controllers....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
hi guys

it seems they have been updating the API once again (the old way still works) but for BOOST, holiday mode etc things are a little different

there is a new documentation APi at https://api.prod.bgchprod.info/api/docs which lists all the versions, at the moment they are on 6.1

so to log in with the new API this is what ive got so far

curl--cookie-jar cookie.jar -g -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.alertme.zoo-6.2+json" -H "Accept: application/vnd.alertme.zoo-6.2+json" -H "Content-Type: 'application/*+json'" -H "X-AlertMe-Client: swagger" -d '{"sessions":[{"username":"<YOUR HIVE EMAIL ADDRESS>",
"password":"<YOUR HIVE PASSWORD>","caller":"iphone"}]}' https://api.prod.bgchprod.info:443/omnia/auth/sessions

its a bit of a mess but im sure someone can tidy it up

ill try and look into it a bit more when i have the time but looks promising

Danny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 pm 

Thanks! - as mentioned I still cant find out where BOOST for heating is returned - it doesnt correspond to the docs...

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next