It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heating coming on at night when it shouldn't!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi, Does anyone else find their heating coming on at night when it is shown to be switched off. This has happened to us a few times, I can turn it off by lowering the temperature setting, but this isn't the point, especially as I am a light sleeper and I wake up when the boiler kicks in.

Does anybody know if we are going to revert back to the original larger display that I enjoyed on my iPad when my system was first installed.

Thank you in advance!

Regards Allan

Post subject: Re: Heating coming on at night when it shouldn't!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 pm 

Have thanks: 9 time
If you have your system on schedule the only reason it is coming on at night will be your night time temp is set too high, so the temp is dropping below your set temp and bringing the ch on just like it should. If you do not want it to come on set the temp low (around 7 - 10).

Let me know if you need anymore help

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:46 pm 

Hi, Gasman
Thanks for the reply but it isn't that, it is during the night off schedule the temp is automatically set to 5 degrees, but it came on around 17 degrees. The schedule shows that the heating is now off say at 23:00 and at 1am it came on all by itself, as if it was still on an active schedule. Didn't happen last night so maybe the wriggly amps have sorted themselves out since the software update. I also think it maybe happening when I adjust the schedule either extending it by 30 mins or so because we are staying up later than planned or shortening the schedule as we are going to bed earlier than planned. Not the end of the world but it has happened several times. Cheers Al

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
I have had a similar problem and the cause was the motorised valve in the airing cupboard, the heating was OFF but when Hot Water Tank needed heating it was also heating the radiators because the motorised valve was stuck/jammed. A new motorised valve solved the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 pm 

Thank you for the reply, things are now working as they should!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:39 pm 

Heating coming on during the night when schedule set to be off (7 degree frost stat setting) usually about 1 hour after previous period ends.
BG technical help said tonight that their system is down! Will contact me when up and running and check what is happening to my system.

Worked ok for first 4/5 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:14 pm 

Yes, I have had a similar problem. I was away at the weekend and I had it set with hot water off (it's normally off and I just press boost when I want it). Heating was on schedule but set to 5 degrees from 9:15 on Saturday morning until 6:30am Monday. But the temperate graph for Sunday shows the temperature was fairly steady around 17 degrees on Sunday daytime gradually dropping to 16.3 at 8:30pm on Sunday but then rising quite sharply to 19.6 degrees by 11:30pm. It was a cold night around 7 degrees outdoors.

That suggests that the heating must have come on Sunday night even though it was set to 5 degrees so it shouldn't have happened.

I live in a detached house so there's no possibility of any heat from adjoining houses raising the temperature and there aren't any other heaters on timers or similar in the house.

I've noticed this happen at least one other time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC