It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hive Nano v2 Hub Teardown (Connecting by Serial?)
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:48 pm 

Have thanks: 4 time
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else has a look at the internals of the Hive Nano V2 Hub? I have started to tinker with the inside of a spare hub and have posted the beginnings of my findings here:
http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/h ... -teardown/

I have listed all the chips and posted some photos and intend to add more detail in time.

What I am particularly interested to know is of anyone has managed to figure out how to connect to the console of the Nano v2 via serial like these guys have for the older AlertMe hub here:
http://forum.alertme.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97

Is it still Linux?

I have tried soldering on a 4 pin header to what looks like it could possibly be a serial port and connecting a TTL serial cable but as of yet have not managed to get any console link.

Attachments:
File comment: Hive Nano 2 Inside
img_8080.jpg
img_8080.jpg [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 301 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]