It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hive Smart Bulb
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
When I initially purchased Hive there was an issue with the Hub (see my other posts). Eventually solved with a firmware upgrade to the Hub.
Since then has worked faultlessly for 3 years.
So purchased Smart bulb. Installed OK and works except the RF on the thermostat every so often shows "no RF" and hangs. Solved my removing and reinserting the batteries. But is a pain as it can be daily.
Spoken to Hive support. I have done a factory resent on the bulb and re-installed. They have given me some other things to try if it stall still hangs intermittently.
I will keep everyone posted on this, as it progresses.
In the meantime anyone else had this problem. Anyone else manage to solve it?

Post subject: Re: Hive Smart Bulb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Just an update for anyone else with the same problem.
What I didn't know is that when you install a new device it can act as a "repeater" for Zigbee. So when my thermostat sees a light bulb providing a stronger Zigbee signal it routes through that. B. Gas first told be it was a known problem and there woyld be a firmware upgrade to the bulb. The latest feedback is that it a Hub problem and there will be a Hub firmware update. In the meantime I have taken the offending Bulb off-line and everything works OK. I'll wait to see whether the firmware update (to Bulb and/or Hub) fixes the problem. B. Gas tell me they are planning to update in January.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]