It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:43 am

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hive2 Thermostat - Battery Life
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:22 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
My email keeps being spammed with "We miss you" emails from this forum, so I thought I would share some general information.
I self installed Hive 2 last December. I seem to remember reading that you shouldn't use rechargeable batteries in the thermostat, but being slightly rebellious, I decided to use some Eneloop rechargeables. And guess what? 12 months later, I have never touched them, and Manage Devices -> Your Thermostat shows a battery icon with over 50% charge remaining.
I don't remember what the battery life is supposed to be, but I can't believe that this is still running from the original charge, so the thermostat must be recharging them.

Post subject: Re: Hive2 Thermostat - Battery Life
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:17 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi
New user here. Just installed new Boiler/Hive today, allof 2 hours experience :)
I came here to find out if there was any way to use rechargable batteries, and guess what, first post I noticed was yours.
On my unit, there is no other power source to enable recharging, does yours have another power input?
Maybe the Hive just doesn't use so much from the batteries that they are still not out of juice.

I'd be interested to know if continued use shows a decreasing charge. If they were being charged,then they should likely be at or close to fully charged most of the time, so 50% charge seems to be just a low usage rather than a recharging system.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]