It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Reciever stops calling for heat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:42 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi everyone!

I installed my hive kit a few days ago, I had a British gas up2 controller so the reciever just fitted onto the existing back plate and then I just linked the permanent live and switched live wires for the room stat and everything seemed to work fine (I have a yplan system)

However I've noticed an intermittent problem with the heating whereby sometimes the boiler switches off even though the room temperature hasn't reached the target temperature but the reciever is showing a green light for heating and the only way to get it up and running again is to turn off the power to the system, leave it off for 30 seconds or so and turn it back on and then everything works fine.

The hot water is not effected as if I boost the hot water it springs into life straight away!

I suspected my three port valve so took my trusty multimeter to my wiring centre and found that the issue is that the hive reciever has stopped calling for heat when it does this!

I have removed and refitted the reciever to ensure its sitting correctly on the back plate which it is but still the problem persists intermittently.

Any ideas on what this could be, does it suggest that my reciever is faulty?

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]