It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Predictive Heating
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 7 time
Based on a previous forum post from MattUK in this post "Thoughts on setting CH temperatures...", the suggestion is to have the Hive system learn how long it takes to get up to temperature and then allow a setting so that the time normally set for the CH to come on will be the actual time when the house temperature hits the desired level. The Hive system would be able to work out from previous data when the CH would need to come on in order for it to hit the temperature at the desired time.

Post subject: Re: Predictive Heating
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 am 

Have thanks: 2 time
That would be awesome.

There are some geeks on the Google+ Hive forum (not sure whether this link will work but you can try https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 0091864933) who have already implemented something like this, but it's not available for the masses yet. Maybe Hive/British Gas should talk to them.

I've had my Hive since Wednesday (and the app since an hour or so), and already noticed that it can take much longer than I thought to reach the intended temperature.

Post subject: Re: Predictive Heating
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 7 time
Yeah, I found that post on G+ and thought it would be useful. There was also another post here:

thoughts-on-setting-ch-temperatures-t16.html?hilit=learn

where a BG installation engineer assumed that Hive already had this functionality. Maybe he was confused with some upcoming feature BG are due to release.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC