It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A few suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Had our hive for a couple of days now. It seems to be working fine but a few things that I think might make it better (but not sure how practical they are :?: )

1) On all day and off at night. - On my old wireless programmer it was possible to have the heating turning on at the first "on" of the day and then only turning off at the last "off" of the night. It was great for when the children are off on their holidays (or even better when I am off on mine!!)

2) The apps have the advance to next period on but I can not find this on the website. Have I missed it or is it just not there.?

3) Adjustable frost protection (or a holiday mode). Instead of having a fixed frost protection which it seems to go to when you turn the heating off is there any way to make this adjustable. If you go away on holiday in the winter, if the house is down at 5 degrees then parts of the house could be freezing (I say in the north of Scotland it it can get cold here). If there was some way of adjusting the frost protection then I could set it at 10 degrees and know that the pipework will not freeze (I hope). I know this can be done via the website but it means adjusting you schedule.

Finally

4) If none of this is possible how about having stored profiles that you can switch between. Not quite as good but at least you can set up a normal profile, a holiday profile and a off profile.

I love the idea of the predictive heating Bazza2000.

Jim

PS It would be nice if British Gas could provide some sort of feedback address for all the people who are adopting this early, as you would think they would be interested in what we think! At least this is one good think about this forum. Possibly even get somebody from the hive team to register to tell us if the idea's we sugest are impossible, not practical or could be done.

Post subject: Re: A few suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:11 am 

Thanks for the feedback Jimbo.

We (the development team) monitor these forums, but if you have particular requests for features then your best bet is to feed back either to [email protected] or via twitter at @hivehome so our bosses can see what features people are requesting, and we can plan them into future releases.

Advance isn't on the website at the moment, but you can achieve the same thing by increasing your temperature using the controls on the left hand side when in schedule mode. This creates a temporary override of the temperature which will reset on your next schedule event.

The best way to get the effect of adjustable frost protection at the moment is to leave your heating in Manual mode, with a temperature of 10°.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:56 am 

Quite simple when you think about it (and I didn't)!!!!

Its nice to know that someone from the develpoment team is here so thank you very much for the reply.

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 7 time
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I was about to say that there are already some of the hive developers keeping an eye on the forums.... then one of them jumped in ;) (Thanks ahivedev)

Good points though, like the profiles idea as our family effectively has different things on a weekly so I have to keep tweaking my settings every Sunday to compensate.

Post subject: One more schedule time
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
On the whole pleased with Hive but I would like to see one more scheduled on/off. On my last programmable thermostat I was able to turn the heating up at lunchtime and then back down for the afternoon. Can't do this with current settings option.

Zephyr has been thanked by:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC