It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:47 am

Welcome
Welcome to britishgashive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hive installation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:05 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi
I am looking for some advice please. I have changed my Horstmann XL plus H 27 programmer and Danfoss RT14 room stat with a Hive. With the old system when you increased the temperature on the RT14 providing the programmer was in a on time the motorized valve would open. Now the Hive switches on the boiler but does not work the valves so no heat from he radiators. If I manually override one of the valves I get heat to the radiators. My question is how do I get the Hive to operate the valves or do I just leave it in manual override. Also what should I do with the second motorized valve.

Thanks in advantage for any advice

Post subject: Re: Hive installation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:45 pm 

Have thanks: 5 time
Hi
Do you have a two zone heating system, What version of Hive did you get as the old version only supported one zone heating systems,

I have look up your old programmer and can see that there are different type of boiler and pump / gravity setups.

So what might help are some pictures of the values and boiler and the current wiring.

What should happen is the Hive system will power the value and this in turn passes to the boiler for a call for heat.

Have a look at the picture and let me know what setup you have

Matt

Attachment:
Horstmann XL plus H 27.jpg
Horstmann XL plus H 27.jpg [ 165.95 KiB | Viewed 1101 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:02 pm 

Hi Mattman
I think I have the last on fully pumped system using roomstat and two (2 port) spring return zone valve with auxiliary switches as on the Horstmann I had no wires going into terminal 6
Attachment:
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG [ 2.3 MiB | Viewed 1096 times ]
. The Hive I bought is Hive 2 with dual channel receiver and I wired as
Attachment:
IMG_0470[1].JPG
IMG_0470[1].JPG [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 1096 times ]
including the link from live terminal to terminal 2. I did not link terminal 2 to terminal 5 as the hive does not have a terminal 5. This all seems to work as the heating comes when the thermostat tells it too. The Danfoss RT1 had a 2 core wire which went to the junction box upstairs beside the boiler as shown in
Attachment:
IMG_0475[1].JPG
IMG_0475[1].JPG [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 1096 times ]
the room stat wire is the white two core one going into top terminal block on the left. The black sleeved wire going into lower terminal block is for the HTG Valve.
Hope this helps if you require more info please let me know

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:12 am 

Problem solved by linking the 2 old room stats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:10 pm 

Hi I bought hive heating and hot water version Can this will work with combi boiler
I not have a water tank
Thanks

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]